What We Do
H2HC granted more than $1 million to support innovative community-based models and critical research in CT, MA, and RI.
What We Funded
H2HC funding supported ground-breaking research, strengthened food insecurity screening and referrals for food assistance, improved access to culturally relevant foods, and assessed food insecurity challenges through a focus on the social drivers of health. H2HC’s support of 19 community partners expanded access to food and advanced partnerships between emergency food services, healthcare, and housing organizations. It also contributed to supporting health equity by prioritizing organizations that put Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) with lived experiences at the center of their activities.
Our grantees have developed new approaches to persistent problems and conducted important research.
- Africano Waltham
- Children’s HealthWatch
- Connecticut Foodshare
- Everett Community Growers/La Comunidad
- The Food Bank of Western Massachusetts
- Growing Places
- Healthy Waltham and Waltham Fields Community Farms
- Just Roots
- Massachusetts Food Systems Coalition
- Melrose Wakefield Healthcare Inc.
- Northern Berkshire Community Coalition
- Our Neighbors’ Table
- Pioneer Valley Planning Commission
- Quincy Asian Resources
- Rhode Island Island Community Food Bank
- The Food Voice
- The Greater Boston Food Bank
- The Open Door